Controlled Access Human Data - Policy and Requests A. Read and complete the Data Use Certificate Agreement (DUC) B. Complete the online Data Access Request (DAR) form (An IRB is required) C. Select the Requested Datasets D. Print, Gather Signatures and Submit the DUC and DAR forms E. Receive notification and further instructions F. Create and upload your encryption keys G. Renew access
D. Print, Gather Signatures and Submit the DUC and DAR forms
Print the DAR form
- Print the DAR form using the Print option in your browser’s File menu.
- Obtain signatures from all relevant personnel at your institution and complete fields (16), (17) and (18) on the printed form.
Submit the DUC and DAR Forms
- Scan both the DAR and DUC signed forms into PDF format.
- Go back to your Data Access Request (DAR) page, log in, and click the pencil icon next to your entry.
- Upload the DUC and DAR forms into fields (14) and (15) by clicking the Select file button for each field.
- Change the Status field (last field of the form) to “Completed” to submit your application to the FaceBase Data Access Committee (DAC).
- Click the Save button in the upper right corner to save your form.
- The encryption key does not need to be completed prior to approval. If your request is approved, you will need to create and upload your encryption key.
- If you have questions on how to obtain an IRB approval from your institution, please consult the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services’ site for the Office of Human Protections (OHRP).
- If you are a researcher at an academic institute outside the US: Please see our relevant FAQ on the main site. For institutes outside the US, they usually have a comparable “ethics board” or something similar that can provide the necessary information. You may also contact your own university offices that deal with research on human subjects and they should provide guidance.